The facilities maintenance technician is responsible for providing support for the maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to provide overall hands-on maintenance activities in a mid-size high tech electronics type facility
- The ability to troubleshoot, maintain, modify and repair building mechanical systems, with a minor emphasis on building electrical systems
- The ability to develop PM programs and maintain critical parts inventories.
- Must also be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring continued operability of the building systems and timely completion of maintenance projects assigned
- A strong emphasis on safety
- Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil,fumes and noise.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Required Education and Experience
- BS or associate degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance.
- 3+ years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field