Growing Cold Storage Company seeks experienced Maintenance Engineers for Facilities in Oakland and Richmond. Candidates should possess a well-rounded knowledge of facility operations to include experience in any of the following areas: Building Maintenance (electrical, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, welding) Material Handling Equipment, and Industrial refrigeration.
Join Engineering team that supports all maintenance aspects of Cold Storage Facility to include Refrigeration, Material handling equipment and Building Maintenance.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on the refrigeration systems
- Monitor building systems and alarms for proper operation. Respond to malfunctions, perform limited trouble-shooting, and initiate service calls or requests for assistance
- Perform minor carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
- Prior experience in facility engineering/maintenance
- Prior mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC experience
- Prior MHE experience
- Vocational/technical school or apprenticeship in refrigeration/AC a plus
- Be able to properly operate a wide variety of power tools, motorized pallet-jacks, etc.
- Be a licensed driver in the state of California
- Able to work varied hours (to include evenings, weekends, and holidays) depending on operational needs
- Able to sit, stand, bend and walk for extended periods
- Able to climb up and down ladders, scaffolding, and stairwells
- Able to lift/move heavy objects using carts and hand trucks.
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Able to interact positively with employees, vendors, and customers
- Able to work independently without direct supervision