Fabricator duties may include the set up and operation of various machines, hand tools, and pneumatic tools which may heat, bend, form, press, stretch, shrink, straighten, notch, punch, roll, cut, refine, grind, drill, machine or otherwise change the original shape of various sheet metal or extruded metal products to engineered drawings, tools or customer specifications. Also, must be able to use precision and standard measuring tools, read engineered as well as non-dimensioned drawings, and read and comprehend customer specifications, engineered planning and operation sheets. Successful candidates will leverage their past experience to help align the function with the company’s vision, values and core business needs, goals and objectives. This position reports to the Focused Factory Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify the operation as specified in the traveler as it relates to the operation being performed (i.e. the proper material, thickness, process, etc.)
- Develop layout and plan sequence of operations.
- Set up machinery, dies, oven or other equipment controls and timers.
- Properly rack, hang or otherwise prepare blanks for solution and/or precipitation heat treatment.
- Be able to heat treat and quench various alloys as necessary per customer specifications.
- Understand and follow customer specifications for heat treatment and processing of various alloys, and be able to document these processes as required.
- Familiarity with machine operation and controls, machine maintenance and upkeep.
- Be capable of making any necessary adjustments ensuring the quality of parts remains consistent.
- Be able to refine parts for cosmetic or other customer-specified reasons.
- Use precision measuring tools in set ups and quality assurance.
- Use necessary inspection media to ensure consistent quality.
- Be familiar with customer specifications as they relate to the operation being performed.
- Compose and/or edit operation sheets.
- Observe all safety rules while performing tasks.
- Be familiar with all Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Cross-trained in most or all tasks within the cell.
- Train new or other employees in the operations being performed.
- Perform first piece inspections.
- Be trained and certified in the heat treatment of various alloys to customer specifications and internal requirements.
- Otherwise guide or assist the uninitiated in the operations being performed.
- Possess computer skills which help others, particularly with Visual labor reporting.
- Be a leader in the 5-S area of cell operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret travelers and part specifications.
- Proficiency with intermediate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to stay organized and multitask.
- Experience with MS Office products.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.