- CA |
- Jobs |
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Buena Park90621CAUSBuena Park, CA
Job Title Wire Harness Assembler Req ID 4745BR Location Leach International N. America City Buena Park State/Province/County California Country United States Job Description Esterline Technologies Corporation
Electronic Equipment Assembler A, Esterline Power Systems - North America
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in producing product that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Power Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, has a long established role as a relay supplier. Esterline Power Systems is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. Esterline Power Systems equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide in the most severe environments.
Title: Electronic Equipment Assembler A
Job Family: Electromechanical Power Distribution Assembly
Reports to: Production Manager
Works with: Lead, Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Engineers
Location: Buena Park, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, performs electronic equipment and point to point wire harness assembly as well as solder operations in accordance with complex manufacturing specifications, schematics and process instructions. Produces high quality work while maintaining accurate documentation.
- Using assembly instructions/schematics/drawings/process specifications and various small hand tools, builds a variety of complex electromechanical equipment assemblies to meet requirements
- Must be able to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams with the expertise to review and provide feedback if necessary.
- Builds prototype, production final assemblies and sub-assemblies following verbal direction, prototype drawings and production drawings.
- Utilizes IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC-A-610 where applicable to standardize workmanship and product reliability standards in the industry and Leach.
- Completes quality assembly work in a timely manner
- Using solder seal, and touch-up irons, solders assemblies in accordance with process instructions
- Visually inspects assemblies in progress to ensure compliance to specifications, assembly drawings and schematics
- Fills out and maintains necessary paperwork. Ensures paperwork is compliant with quality instructions and manufacturing job instructions
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement System
- Actively participates in Lean and 6s initiatives
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged
- Understands and lives by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum of two years of experience in electronic or electro-mechanical related assemblies
- Wire Harness Assembly required
- Box integration with point to point wiring is required
- Previous experience in preparing and modifying hand sketches in relationship to either the drawing and/or schematics
- Completion of IPC/WHMA-A-620 CIS certification
- Completion of solder school certification in IPC-A-610 or equivalent certificate in Mil-Std-WS6536D – preferred but not required
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Minimum five years of experience in prototype build assembly
- Aerospace industry
- Syteline ERP experience
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full/Part-Time Full-Time Position Type Temporary