Holt of California is seeking a qualified Utility Person to assist the service department. The utility person position is not intended to be permanent. The expectation of management is that within six months to a year the utility worker possesses the qualifications and qualities which would allow him/her to advance into the apprenticeship program. Completion of a college or trade school course having to do with Diesel, Automotive, and/or Electric Power Generation is a plus.
- Perform monthly inspections on the shop forklifts, unassigned service vehicles and the power systems service shop.
- Deliver parts, tooling, cables and other items out to service technicians working in the field.
- At times the utility worker may be asked to report to the shop after-hours and on weekends to unlock the gate and assist with emergency generator rentals going out.
- Assist journeyman and apprentice technicians with troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of generators, and engines in Petroleum, Industrial and Marine applications.
- Check in rental equipment coming in from rent and check out units going out on rent.
- Make minor repairs to rental equipment to include but not limited to trailer wiring, jack and chassis.
- Deliver smaller generators out to customer locations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and completion of a college or trade school course having to do with Diesel, and/or Automotive and/or Electric Power Generation.