Summary: The Equipment Service Technician installs, repairs and maintains balers,compactors, forklifts and conveyors for customers.
FLSA status: Full-time, non-exempt
Essential job functions:
- Work independently/as a team to install/repair/maintaincompactors/balers/forklifts/conveyors to meet customer needs and produceoptimal functionality.
- Clearly complete documentationrelated to each job and turn it into the main office in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with themain office and customers regarding job status.
- Safely operate company vehicle andtravel to/from job sites which may be 200+ miles from main office.
- Perform general maintenance/repairsfor building shop, main office, tools, and equipment as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilitiesrequired:
- Basic knowledge of mechanicalprinciples
- Basic knowledge of the safe use ofpowered and non-powered tools
- Ability to quickly learnintermediate knowledge & skills related to mechanics, hydraulics,electrical & welding work
- Safe driving skills exemplified by aclean driving record
- Ability to clearly read, write andspeak in English with multiple levels of an organization
- Ability/skills to effectively andsafely work independently and as a team
- Ability/skills to make sound independentdecisions with regard to safety, prioritization, and customer service
- Ability to meet contractrequirements of any customer for which work will be performed
- Ability to pass a background anddrug screening
- Ability to consistently work andmaintain motivation/focus for 40+ hours per week
- Ability to work typically between7:30am and 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, and at night/on weekends as required to meetcustomer needs
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to safely lift up to 75pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, lay, reach,bend, lift, push, pull, drive, and maintain focus for sustained periods of time
- Ability to safely & effectivelywork in a shop environment which may be exposed to extreme heat and cold