Stronghold Engineering is an award winning Electrical and General Contractor is seeking strong, experienced and certified Equipment Operators to help support our growth in Southern California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates one of more of the following pieces of heavy construction equipment skillfully, safely, and in accordance with traffic laws and regulations scrapers, heavy graders, motor graders or blades, self-propelled hoist, large trenchers, rock cutters, low boy truck tractors, power shovel drag line and/or clam shell, heavy duty wreckers, front end loaders, heavy steel wheeled rollers, bulldozers, and other light weight, medium weight, and heavy duty equipment.
- Adjusts hand wheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing booms.
- Services and makes minor repairs to equipment; refers defects or needed repairs to Project Superintendent or Foreman.
- Align machines, cutter heads or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, and rocks, and to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crewmembers.
- Inspects equipment before use to ensure that it is in proper operating condition.
- Cleans heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required using appropriate materials.
- Hauls materials and equipment to job sites; loads and unloads equipment, material, and supplies; strings grade lines; and backfill ditches.
- Loads and places sand, earth, rock, asphalt, and other construction and maintenance materials using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders or related equipment. Cuts and grades areas to engineer specifications.
- Locates underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Takes actions while operating equipment to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
- Attends training and safety meetings as required.
- Instructs and trains other equipment operators and/or Apprentice Equipment Operators in the use of heavy equipment.
- Presents self in a professional manner, provides open and honest communication, and demonstrates respect to co-workers and customers.
- Prepares special reports and correspondence as requested by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education / Certificates / Licenses
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Heavy equipment operator certificate required.
- Valid Class A California Drivers License with clean driving record.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Aflac Insurance