Nova Group Inc., a Quanta Services company, is an industry leading general engineering construction company with 40 years of experience worldwide. Nova specializes in hydrant fueling, waterfront, electrical and utility military construction projects for the Department of Defense (NAVFAC, ACOE). Nova exceeds customer expectations through innovative construction, safety, quality and outstanding customer service. Headquartered in Napa, CA, with regional offices in Port Orchard, WA, Japan and project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with Nova! Nova offers employees competitive health benefits, matching 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
Are you interested in being able to travel the country while you help build complex projects that better our economy and future? How about having an opportunity to become an employee of a company where your opinion is valued and the CEO will know your name? If this is something that interests you, Nova is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day.
Engineering Summer Internship
We are looking for people pursuing majors in Civil Engineering and Construction Management.
This Internship provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position with us. The opportunity is available to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction engineering operations. We are looking for Interns who like to build things, get their hands dirty, and who want to explore the possibility of a long-term career at Nova in the future.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial systems.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well.
• We are looking for the next generation of leaders who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment.
• This job requires relocation.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering or construction management
• Able to fully participate and temporarily relocate to job assignments at whichever job site, district office or department to which the Intern is assigned
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with estimating and construction project management software, autocad, and/or Primavera “P6” is preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred