Troubleshoot, test, inspect and repair complex electrical power distribution systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering following established procedures and guidelines. Operate related test equipment and coordinate electrical systems operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform duties with limited departmental supervision.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Follow Company policies and procedures. Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions; communicate effectively with clients and peers.
• Select proper equipment for any standard job and demonstrate proficiency with diagnostic tools.
• Perform instrument transformer tests, power transformer testing, automatic transfer switch troubleshooting, generator testing, power meter calibration and high voltage circuit breaker testing.
• Execute complex troubleshooting routines, relay calibration, use of load and power quality recording instrumentation, infrared scanners, medium voltage breaker and switchgear testing.
• Perform start-up services on switchgear up through the 230 kV class.
• Write detailed, computer generated reports promptly at the end of each project using a computer; accurately process job billing.
• Sales Support: Maintain strong client relationships, perform all functions pertaining to a written job proposal to a client, including estimate of man hours and expenses, and development of scope and pricing; complete projects consistently on budget.
• Stay current with product lines; utilize resources from CAT and Quinn Company.
• Travel to other stores, customer sites, and other dealer and Caterpillar facilities for work or training.
• Work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and nights as required by workload and customer need. Be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
• Conduct electrical safety training for Quinn employees. Make technical presentations to customers / end users.
• Build competencies, be responsible and proactive for personal development and training requirements for growth, share skills with others.
• Take an active role in business development and expansion.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect for People, Quality and Customer Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and two years’ experience. Or graduate of applicable
• Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and five years minimum same or similar work experience. Or High school education or equivalent and six years minimum same or similar work experience.
• Strong background and experience in most types of switchgear testing through the 230 kV class.
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV