Syar Industries, Inc./Syar Concrete LLC is one of northern California's leading producers and suppliers of high quality aggregate rock products, asphaltic paving materials and ready mix concrete. With its headquarters in Napa, Syar serves the construction industry from strategically located facilities in ten counties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be able to manage, direct and train electrical personnel
• Interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blueprints
• Complete and track change orders, extras, RFI’s, and punch lists
• Identify and order needed materials
• Supervise the assembly, installation, testing, repair, replacement and maintenance of electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
• Supervise the connection of wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
• Implementation/adherence to Syar process/procedures
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
• Recognize safety hazards and perform duties in a safe manner in compliance to the company policy
• Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists
• Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation
• Maintain professional working attitude with co-workers and customers
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action
• Keep in good condition of the vehicle, work tools and equipment of the electrician’s trade, be responsible
• Electrical Contractors License preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Min 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Class A Driver’s License
• Electrical certification
• Knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
• Knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code for electrical installations
• Highly motivated individual, who is ready to accept challenges, continually learn and help others
• Strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple assignments; exercise good judgment in performing these tasks and complete them in a prompt and efficient manner
• Self-starter able to work in unsupervised environments, and dedicated to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
Special Position Requirements
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
• Good English language skills orally and in writing for safety reasons, ability to communicate with all stakeholders at the required level both orally and in writing (including use of email)
• Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed
• Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation
• Must pass a pre-assignment drug test and be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
• Must pass a pre-assignment background check including criminal history check, among other criteria
• Knowledge in lighting control systems a plus
• Knowledge in PLC programing & Control logic.
• Knowledge of MSHA & OSHA regulations on mine sites.
You must attach a resume to be considered for this position.