- CA |
- Jobs |
- Electrical Technician - Wilmington, CA
Electrical Technician - Wilmington, CA
- Receives and performs job assignments through work orders, sketches, PM schedules, blueprints or verbal instructions.
- Follows applicable codes and regulations on work performed.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs/replacements, including fire system malfunctions which may be reported during off hours.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools
- Locate and remedy the breakdown or malfunction.
- Installation of conduits, wire connections to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Insures compliance to code.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of production machinery and equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and parts.
- Installs, modifies and relocates machinery and equipment and in addition to electrical related work, may perform fabrication, welding, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, or other maintenance tasks.
- Repairs and modifies building and plant systems as required.
- Reads and interprets manuals, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and other written installation and repair instructions.
- Performs routine inspections and preventative maintenance of assigned plant equipment, machinery and systems including gauges, filters, fluid levels, system readings, air compressors, chillers, etc.
- Requisitions and secures materials, tools, and supplies needed for assignments.
- Uses a variety of measuring and testing equipment to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment and systems.
- Uses a wide range of shop, hand, and power tools common to the various trades applied.
- Maintains specified records, logs and system readings.
- Possesses knowledge of mechanical blueprint reading.
- Follow prescribed environmental, safety and health rules.
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Other tasks as assigned.