- CA |
- Jobs |
- Electrical Technician -Tracy, CA
Electrical Technician -Tracy, CA
The successful candidate will be committed to the Safe, Clean, Reliable and Efficient operation of Shell assets. The successful candidate will safely perform day-to-day maintenance activities to ensure reliable operations which meet all regulatory criteria and transportation of products (crude/chemical/product and additives). This position reports to Craft Supervisor.
Position Description – Accountabilities
Duties will include but not limited to:
Schedules and executes regulatory inspections, audits, preventative maintenance, and reactive/breakdown maintenance on a wide range of instrumentation and equipment. Identifies specific process improvement needs and provides recommendations for system upgrades and streamlining. Assesses other customer needs daily to assure all instrumentation and equipment is safe and reliable for operation and maintained per approved R&I plans and that appropriate resources are available to meet customer needs. Installs, trouble shoots, and repairs instruments and equipment. The role requires the ability to communicate well at all levels in the organization and strong process discipline.
- Perform all work in a safe manner in adherence with Goal Zero.
- Follow maintenance execution process (DGAME).
- Utilize SAP Preventative Maintenance (PM) notifications and work orders to manage work processes to ensure all process equipment and areas are maintained per the scheduled maintenance plan in a timely manner and manage the work orders in SAP to meet maintenance requirements.
- Own and organize assigned jobs through determining material and equipment needed, scheduling downtime, and arranging for outside contractors and special items needed.
- Manage installation, inspection, trouble shooting, calibration, and repair of instruments and equipment including pipeline pump stations, terminals, delivery sites, tank farms, motors, electrical systems, 115 KVAC switchgear to 24 VCD instrumentation, tank gauges, PLC, communication equipment, motor controls, etc.
- Ensure all installations and repairs are done in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Schedule and execute regulatory inspections and audits and complete all required paperwork.
- Interpret and understand equipment, station, and protective and control devices (P&CD) drawings; use knowledge to serve as expert on the equipment parameters, flow rates, pressure ratings, etc.
- Oversee third parties to ensure safe operations and adherence to regulations and manufacturer specifications.
- Respond to normal/abnormal operation conditions.
- Work closely with technical support staff, engineering staff, operations staff, and other stakeholders to maintain system reliability and availability.
- Review and update Local Operating Procedures.
- Complete and stay in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations; Operator Qualification; HSSE training and standards; and all other applicable regulations (e.g. AQMD, SPCC, Hazmat, RCRA, Weights and Measures, etc.).
- Actively support and participate in the LEAN processes, audits, inspections, and other company sponsored initiatives
- All other job duties as assigned.
This position is considered an "individual contributor" position; however, there are situations where it is necessary to work with other personnel and customers in order to successfully complete tasks and responsibilities. Individual will work with Shell Project Teams on specific initiatives. Additionally, much of the work is self-driven; teamwork is a must within this group.
This position will be on a team supporting the pipelines, stations, and other pipeline facilities within the assigned geographic area.
This position covers a large area and wide range of equipment. This position requires up front planning to execute tasks timely and safely.
An individual is expected to meet the level of proficient as an Electrical Technician within a reasonable period of time, which can vary based on previous experience. Once proficient, they will be expected to develop secondary skills in order to provide relief to other Maintenance team members and support their own continuous development. Individual should be able to demonstrate and take initiative in developing skills to enhance skills.