- CA |
- Jobs |
- Electrical/Instrument Technician, Wilmington, CA (Los Angeles)
Electrical/Instrument Technician, Wilmington, CA (Los Angeles)
This role is part of the Los Angeles Lubricants team and primary focus is to perform Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Mechanical Maintenance Support at our Los Angeles Lubricants Oil Blending Plant.
The Electrical/Instrument Technician’s primary responsibility is to ensure an efficient Plant operation by maintaining and improving all Instrumentation and Electrical Equipment. This role places priority on the compliance with corporate and international standards, while incorporating Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) into all aspects of Plant processes. Accountable to ensure all facility and production equipment instrumentation, electrical and mechanical systems are optimized for reliable operation. This role will be based at our Los Angeles Lubricant Plant (LALP) located in Wilmington, CA and reports to the Production Manager.
Electrical/ Instrumentation Technicians do various types of work under minimal supervision including troubleshooting and maintaining electrical/ instrumentation/ mechanical control systems, process control systems, instrumentation, operator interface terminals and mechanical equipment for manufacturing
*****Starting hourly rate of pay $34.61 an hour*****
- Working safely and complying with all Company, OSHA and other governmental standards
- Primary interface with Production Manager, Maintenance Coordinator, Mechanical Technicians and Operators to support blend and packaging production.
- Support for all IT security
- Focal Point for all Equipment Instrumentation including proper function, calibration, repair, improvements and installation
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing high voltage circuits (up to 480v)
- Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing low voltage circuits including but not limited to instrumentation, control and network connectivity
- Subject Matter Expert for Process Control System (PCS) function, troubleshooting and programming
- Subject Matter Expert for programming and troubleshooting all Production Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Hands on Electrical and Mechanical Repairs, troubleshooting, installation and improvements including but not limited to:
- Variable Speed Drives
- Control Valves
- Steam Regulator Systems
- Packaging Equipment
- Blending Equipment
- Weight Scales
- Radar Systems
- Storage Tanks
- Tank Farm Facilities
- Facility Infrastructure
- Laboratory Equipment
- Process Monitoring Equipment
- Communicate with equipment vendors and part suppliers to troubleshoot, order, and improve on equipment and machine design to deliver enhanced equipment performance
- Responsible to work closely with equipment vendors to ensure a smooth transition of new equipment and equipment upgrades to the site, including training of line operators as needed and also ensure all aspects of compliance are being met in the areas of safety and quality
- Must be capable of interpreting JIC & DIN electrical schematics, ANSI electronic schematics, P&ID's, loop diagrams, electrical “single lines”, and logic documentation
- Document problems and solutions, and recording all activities and communications.
Demonstrate a commitment to knowledge sharing and learning culture within the team.
- Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.