Holt of California is seeking a qualified Electric Power Generation Technician with an emphasis on individuals who possess Caterpillar gas and/or diesel engine expertise or persons who have knowledge on other manufacturers of diesel and gas engines.
A technician that is qualified for this position, at a minimum, must have a strong gas and or diesel engine background. Knowledge with Caterpillar electronic engines is a plus but not necessary. Electric Power Generation background is a plus but not necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary of Essential Abilities and Responsibilities
- Repairs and maintains electric generators, switchgear, electronic controls, diesel and gas engines including LPG, and dual fuel powered systems.
- Performs field service, repairs and installation of customers’ equipment.
- Operate Company service vehicle and applicable equipment to include lift trucks.
- Maybe requested at times to perform in shop service or repairs on customers’ equipment when applicable.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer complaints to determine the most effective or efficient repair using assigned test equipment, Caterpillar fuel setting group, electronic volt-ohm meter, megometer, battery and starting analyzer, load banks, and trade tools.
- Perform routine Level 1, 2, and 3 scheduled maintenance and inspection according to manufacturer’s specification including removal of generator/engine set for repair or replacement.
- Perform major engine or component overhaul including remove, and installation.
- Deliver and hook up rental generators following all applicable local, state, and federal codes, regulations and safety guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or five years related experience.
- Successful completion or equivalent knowledge of the following product areas: Caterpillar Engine Electronics and Caterpillar 3000 thru 3500 Series Engines.
- Must have a strong gas and or diesel engine background. Knowledge with Caterpillar electronic engines is a plus but not necessary.
- Electric Power Generation background is a plus but not necessary.
- Must have the ability to effectively work on a laptop computer with knowledge of window-based programs.