Responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owner accounts with a focus on mechanical service, maintenance, repair and replacement of mechanical equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other functions may be assigned)
Strategic Account Management
Tactical Account Management
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing HVAC system related solutions for the customer’s problems, including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities. Assembles and coordinates acquisition team as needed for customers and projects.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required sales team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops multiple relationships with buying influences in the customer’s organization, including facility manager, project managers, project engineers, and purchasing.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business reports and annual forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptable rate of business acquisition.
- Provides quotes for service repairs, change outs, IAQ, and energy solutions including quotes for time and material as well as fixed price services.
- Contacts responsible parties for purposes of securing renewal of service contracts.
- Prepares and submits required management activity reports.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Gathers or validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough to determine level of opportunity.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Estimates project by analyzing and integrating equipment, controls, subcontractors, and services for each project using Trane business systems.
- Develops preliminary project fulfillment schedule.
- Prepares and finalizes preliminary/final proposal. Enters customer/project information into business systems.
- Validates the preliminary proposal with customer.
- Determines proposal price and selling strategy.
- Prepares, negotiates, and reviews agreement/project scope.
- Presents/reviews proposal and/or contract with all buying influences negotiating scope of agreement/project.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Assists customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, Trane Products, and relevant industry issues.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in engineering or business from four-year college or university; completion of the Trane graduate training course (preferred) and three to five years experience in facilities or HVAC services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of HVAC systems, service agreements, and Microsoft Office products.