Loads, secures, drives, and unloads a one-ton delivery vehicle to deliver and pick up smaller pieces of rental equipment and machinery at customer locations, Company facilities, and suppliers. When not driving, this position performs rental yard housekeeping, washing equipment, check in and check out of equipment, and basic maintenance duties to assist the efficient operation of the Rental Store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains California Class A driver’s license, acceptable driving record and current medical card.
• Properly utilizes company vehicle; operates in compliance with DMV rules and regulations.
• Operates in compliance with all U.S. Depsrtment of Transportation rules and regulations.
• Participates in U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing program.
• Maintains accurate logbook records.
• Performs basic safety and operational vehicle inspections before and after each trip.
• Performs daily / routine maintenance and / or mechanical repairs of assigned truck as skill and time allows.
• Operates a variety of equipment in order to load, properly secure, and unload from the trailer at destination.
• Demonstrates basic equipment operation to customers as required.
• Uses road maps for efficient and timely transportation.
• Performs Rental yard housekeeping duties.
• Check-in and out equipment within established guidelines.
• Conveys materials and items as directed to designated areas within the yard.
• Checks and fills fluid levels, service lube points, and performs routine preventive maintenance of equipment.
• Uses wash rack steam cleaner and pressure washers to clean equipment and machinery.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect for People, Quality and Customer Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV