Loads, secures, drives, and unloads delivery truck to deliver and pick up rental equipment, components and parts at customer locations, Quinn facilities, and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains California driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Properly utilizes company vehicle; operates in compliance with DMV rules and regulations.
• Performs basic safety and operational vehicle inspections before and after each trip.
• Performs daily / routine maintenance and / or mechanical repairs of assigned truck as skill and time allows.
• Uses material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, etc.) to load and unload vehicle.
• Operate a variety of equipment in order to move them on, properly secure, and remove from the trailer at destination
• Demonstrates basic equipment operation to customers as needed.
• Uses road maps for efficient and timely transportation.
• Maintains proper paperwork to account for pick up and deliveries.
• May perform the duties of Utility Worker when not driving.
• Works flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of the Company and the customer.
• Proper knowledge of the tie downs of equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and road maps. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Drivers License class “C” for vehicle used in performance of duties. Forklift operator certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV