Apple Blossom Moulding & Millworks is committed to helping customers create beautiful living spaces through our wide variety of mouldings, doors, & other finish building products. Employees will seek to assist customers in determining the best quality building materials & solutions for their project. Our company values integrity, precision, and quality in everything we produce and/or sell. These standards should also be reflected in each employee’s attitude & work conduct.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greeting customers and contractors upon entry of our retail facility. Directing them to appropriate sales staff, or assisting them with their questions.
• Working with customers and contractors to find practical building solutions & products for their projects.
• Invoicing and estimating various door & window projects. Also assisting with moulding, lumber, and building supply orders.
• Answering phone calls and directing to appropriate sales staff.
• Pulling orders for other employees who cannot leave the office.
• Verifying deliveries and merchandise for customer’s orders, checking with packing slips and databases.
• Completing appropriate paperwork for deliveries and pull orders (matching order confirmations and invoices).
• Maintaining a clean, well-stocked, neat and orderly work area at all times. Always presentable for new customers.
• Initiative to organize showroom, retail areas, and warehouse several times each week.
• Creatively assessing work-flow and determining new methods to increase the company's productivity and effectiveness. This especially as it pertains to the door & window department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experienced, responsible, reliable, and enthusiastic about our industry.
• Strong human relation and customer service skills in order to interact positively with a wide range of people and provide superior service to our clients.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with excellent time management and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assist other employees with projects.
• Applicants must have reliable and consistent method of personal transportation and be able to work independently managing personal time and resources.
• Must have good oral and written skills.
• Needs to be dependable, hard working and able to handle initiative-based projects.
• Background experience in sales.
• Experience within the home building supply industry. Knowledgeable about moulding, doors, and various other aspects of finish carpentry.
• Classes or certification in interior design helpful but not mandatory.
• Excellent typing skills. QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel familiarity.
• A valid California Driver's license with clean record. Own, reliable mode of transportation.
• Must work well under pressure. Must be reliable and punctual. Attention to detail is essential.
• Good communication skills. Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Willing to work occasional overtime as requested by management.
This is a full time position with 90-day introductory period. Medical coverage and other benefits apply after meeting "time-in-service" requirements..