Job Summary: Apple Blossom Moulding & Millworks, the East Bay’s premier supplier for custom doors & trim, is looking for a qualified individual to pre-hang doors & perform other carpentry related services. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company who values integrity, precision, & quality in everything we do. This individual must be enthusiastic about the industry, responsible, reliable, and willing to be trained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The carpenter will assemble/install all the components required for each door that comes through the line. Assembling/Mortising various door and hardware components including;
- Hanging doors in the proper frame
- Mortising & drilling for cylindrical & mortise locks
- Performing other carpentry service for miscellaneous hardware items.
- Assist in maintaining organization and tidiness throughout the shop.
- Follow all processes and procedures that are set and comply with safety guidelines and practices. Ensure the safety of work crew at all times.
- Pulls component inventory for use in the orders they are completing.
- Packages the completed products per procedures and prepares them for shipment and delivery.
- Follows the cleaning schedule and maintains order and tidiness in the production area during their shift
- Assists in periodic inventory counts as requested.
- Performs forklift operations as needed and in compliance with the Forklift training and safety guidelines.
- Inspecting customer doors for damages & notifies management of any discrepencies.
- Carpenter will study specifications for all orders, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and dimensions and materials required.
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring a maximum amount of productivity.
- Ability to identify problems and devise timely and cost-efficient solutions.
- Fill out daily logs, purchase orders and material request forms.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by the General Manager.
- Flexible to work other duties as assigned, including sales floor.
- Experience in Pre-hung Door shop, assembling interior doors. or finish carpentry experience. Capable of machining and hanging slab doors including all facets of hardware installation.
- Be able to perform carpentry work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to adjust shift & scheduling as required by company.
- At least 2 years previous experience as a finish carpenter
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- A valid California Driver's license with clean record.
- Applicants must have reliable and consistent method of personal transportation
- Ability to do some heavy lifting. At least 75lbs.
- Forklift experience helpful, but not mandatory.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Willing to work occasional overtime as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of door hardware (knobs, hinges, & the like), as well as resources for home building supplies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with excellent time management,
- Ability to work in a team environment & willingness to assist other employees with projects.
- Initiative to work independently, managing personal time and resources
- Needs to be dependable, hard working and able to handle multiple orders.