Quinn Company is a family owned, Caterpillar dealership founded in 1919. The company sells, services, and rents a full line of new and used construction, agricultural, and material handling equipment; diesel and natural gas engines.
The company operations span fifteen counties throughout Central and Southern California, including a portion of Arizona, covering over 75,000 square miles and representing 48% of the State of California. The company services its customers through a dedicated, tenured employee base of more than 1,300 based out of 22 locations.. From Monterrey to Riverside County, Quinn Company has been construction and agriculture customers trusted partner for nearly 100 years.
As a Caterpillar Dealership, Quinn Company enjoys a unique ability to be a nimble, family owned company with entrepreneurial spirit and leverage the global reach and support of a Fortune 50 company… local and global at the same time.
Quinn Company ranks among the top performing Caterpillar Dealers in the world. This competitive, performance based drive is the foundation of the company’s culture. In alignment of this goal, the company’s key measures are: safety, employee engagement, customer loyalty, and marketshare.
Quinn Company believe how the business is accomplished is as important as the results themselves. Five company core values reflect the beliefs the company holds in the highest regard; these values are the foundation of the company culture.
Integrity: Tells the truth and is honest and forthcoming in all business transactions. Lives up to commitments by delivery on any promises he or she makes. Takes personal responsibility for his or her own actions. Does the right thing, even when difficult or inconvenient.
Teamwork: Knows how his or her role contributes to the Company Vision, Values and Goals. Is responsible to carry out his or her role as a team member. Is willing to sacrifice personal gain for the team’s best interest. Shares ideas and solutions among all divisions, departments and locations.
Respect: Respects other people’s opinions, and respects their property. Seeks, accepts and gives feedback in a positive manner. Treats people fairly, with dignity, and in a way he or she would like to be treated. Speaks positively about other people, departments, and divisions.
Quality: Takes pride in performance, doing it right the first time. Uses all available resources to delivery creative solutions. Maintains a professional appearance in self and work area. Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations.
Service: Displays enthusiastic responsiveness to customers, co-workers, and partners. Is committed to responding quickly because our customers can’t afford to wait. Has a “can do” attitude in delivering what is promised.
The Director of Sales and Marketing provides leadership and marketing expertise for the Company. The position reports to the President and leads a team of sales and marketing employees focused on sales and marketing operational excellence across the company.
As a Senior Leader, the Director of Sales and Marketing will play a key role setting the leader example for the company. Strategic planning and leader development are important elements in this opportunity.
Essential functions include:
• Driving sales and marketing excellence by leveraging internal and external resources.
• Supporting / optimizing sales and marketing operations across the company.
• Establish efficient, consistent processes across the company leveraging “best practices”.
• Develop and manage company merchandising/marketing programs.
• Demonstrate leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain a high performing work group.
• Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure strategic and tactical alignment.
• Work safely at all times. Provide leadership and set an example for company safety program,
and company values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Strong business acumen to manage company sales profit/loss performance.
• Strong human relations skills and ability to work with diverse team
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership skills including: motivation, mentoring, execution, vision.
• Strong planning, organization, and coordination skills.
• Strong understanding of sales and marketing functions.
Education / Certifications
• College degree or an equivalent 10 years of related industry experience.
• Senior level management experience.
• 10 years minimum industry experience.
The Director of Sales and Marketing’s personal style will fit in with Quinn Company’s performance based, collaborative culture and core company values. The ideal candidate will be a servant leader, hard-working, honest, willing to roll up their sleeves and make an impact in a team environment. S/he will be lead with dignity and respect and be aligned with the team’s overall performance measures.
Quinn Company seeks a great addition to its Senior Leadership Team – a leader who is passionate about process excellence and customer/employee service. S/he will be highly responsive, authentic, and have a low expressed ego.
In summary, the candidate will possess a balanced background in tactical and strategic leadership. S/he will have strong results orientation, a high energy level, and a passion for excellence and service.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV