GE Oil & Gas Digital is seeking a Director, Customer Value to help lead a team to develop and build out its Asset Performance Management (APM) Predix-enabled solutions to the world’s oil and gas customers. If you are the type of person who wakes up and thinks “how can I show my customers how much value our solutions are delivering?” then this role is for you.
As a leader of a nimble and highly effective quantitatively-driven team, the Director will be the person who works with customers to illustrate and identify the value case of a GE oil and gas solution. The Director will build long-term relationships with customers, and will understand their financial ERP and maintenance systems so that apparent and hidden benefits, as well as success metrics, can be derived, identified and tracked.
You will report to the Senior Director, Customer Solutions, and work through the delivery of insights, data-driven solutions, and custom projects that will drive our product roadmaps. You will be the trusted financial truth for our customers who are adopting oil and gas’ Predix-enabled APM solutions, leading them through the overall value story and quantifying the benefits on their journey from prototyping, proof of concepts, and pilots, to onboarding and advanced usage and advocacy. You will lead post-sales efforts in building out processes and procedures that ensure success and are repeatable in making customers delighted and successful. You will need to become an oil and gas Predix-enabled APM – ERP financial solution expert, so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value of the solution and roadmap.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary owner of a set of named customers where you drive their ultimate success maximize the value they get from their engagement journey regarding oil and gas Predix-enable APM solutions from the prototyping, proof of concept, pilot and production phases.
- Work with the Senior Director Customer Solutions to build out the financial and quantitative products that can be delivered to a client throughout their engagement roadmap, and that illustrate the value delivered by GE at each stage.
- Have highly engaged team reporting to you focused on specific areas of the oil and gas value chain that work toward client quantitative and financial value solutions.
- Build value-based relationships with CFO and COO teams within customer organizations ensuring that they remain satisfied as GE customers.
- Draft and report on customer success plans for all engagement activities and illustrate the path to success through scorecards.
- Advocate internally and lead initiatives that will deliver additional value for our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college, MBA is a plus. MFin/MData Science is a plus.
- 10+ years of professional experience in customer-centric engagement or consultative roles, such as management consulting, financial engineering, or business development.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel +50%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA, Longmont, CO, or Houston, TX.
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- A true passion for customers and Customer Success with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand the stakeholder landscape within customer environments and identify heat maps for all customer engagements.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites.
- Ability to identify value-based solutions with the customer, and handles account issues at the highest of professional standards, and can juggle multiple requests from customers – from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases.
- Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) designation is a plus (or CMA if applying from Canada)
- Graduation from GE leadership programs is a plus.
candidate would have experience in oil and gas industry, either through
an engineering or technical career, or have experience in the industry
through consultative engagement roles of increased responsibility.
- Creative and curious learner who listens to customers, and is eager to understand their overall internal journey and strategies, and how GE can support and enhance their strategies. Strong willingness to learn core GE technologies and teach customers.
- Oil and gas experience is a plus.
- Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired.
- Technical four-year degree (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science) is a plus.
- Significant experience and familiarity with customer ERP software relating to cost and financial information is a desired characteristic.
- Significant experience in the ability to quickly determine financial decision making processes and workflows internal to a customer organization is a plus.
- Experience with project management processes (PMBOK processes) is a plus.
- Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus.