Lead a team of parts and service support employees with responsibility to deliver product support operational excellence across the company. Create strategic product support direction and drive long-term product support development for the company. Support the company Region Teams in their effort to achieve financial targets.
• Achieve parts and service operational excellence by leveraging company resources and external business partners.
• Support and optimize parts and service operations across the company.
• Establish efficient, consistent processes across the company leveraging “best practices”.
• Demonstrate leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain a high performing work group.
• Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure strategic and tactical alignment.
• Travel and make regular visits to branch locations.
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, standards, and values.
• Lead company parts and service training and development efforts.
• Lead company parts and service strategic direction.
• Identify opportunities for company performance improvements and lead effort to improve.
• Reinforce and teach company strategic plan and company values.
• Serve as the primary parts and service contact for external business partners.
• Identify and mentor high potential employees.
• Manage Company Oil Lab, Used Parts, and warranty operations.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Company customer satisfaction measured by the Daniels Group Transaction Survey Net Promoter Score.
• Employee satisfaction measured by an annual employee opinion survey.
• Company service business financial performance.
• Company parts and service operational excellence metrics.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong business acumen to manage company service business profit/loss performance.
• Must have strong human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve complex business issues.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership skills including: motivation, mentoring, execution, vision.
• Strong planning, organization, and coordination skills.
• Strong understanding of product support business.
Education and Experience:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• College degree or an equivalent 10 years of related industry experience.
• Senior level management experience.
• 10 years minimum industry experience.
• Hearing adequate for normal telephone and face-to-face interaction.
• Eyesight correctable to read normal business materials.
• Manual dexterity sufficient for walking, climbing stairs and ladders, transporting oneself in and out of the office, entering, exiting and operating vehicles, answering telephones and personal computer terminals and various office equipment.
• Mental alertness sufficient to learn financial concepts and deal with individual personalities.
• Stamina to work hours required for meeting the demands of the position, occasional long hours and weekends.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.