DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE
Palo Alto, CA
The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is responsible for Engineering and Maintenance (EM) Department and Project Management Office. These responsibilities include oversight of facility operations systems, personnel management, regulatory compliance, budget development, and carrying out functions according to the mission, goals, vision and policies of hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assessing the performance and impact of all facility operations systems and ensuring that standards for patient care are met while complying with all external regulatory and statutory requirements
· Oversees personnel performance management of department to include employee engagement, professional development, department growth strategies, and hiring/firing decisions.
· Create and maintain dashboards with Key Performance Indicators that measure performance and efficiencies of Engineering Operations based on to internal standards of care and external regulatory requirements
· Responsible for developing and maintaining department all policies and procedures
· Develop, administer, and maintain Environment of Care (EOC) management plans with primary responsibility for Life Safety and Utilities to include leadership of EOC rounds
· Build and administers operating budgets and proposes capital improvement projects in accordance with policies.
· Serve as the EM’s point of contact with Environmental Health & Safety, Information Services,
· Planning Design & Construction
· Participate in various committees
· Oversee transition of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems to include asset inventory, tagging, schedules, and documentation
· Bachelor’s degree in work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
· 7 years of experience working in healthcare facility environments
· 5 years of leadership experience in facility engineering/plant operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
· Ability to develop long-range business plans and strategies
· Ability to establish the strategic direction and business plans for a functional group Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, time)
· Ability to understand, draft and negotiate Contractual Agreements
· Knowledge of codes and ordinances related to buildings and systems in buildings, including The Joint Commission
· Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
· Knowledge and understanding of financial and statistical activity reports
· Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
· Experience and skills in project management
How to Apply:
Email resume to Lisa Bradley at: