ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate Caterpillar equipment.
• Participate in Head-To-Head competitive demonstrations resulting in winning the sale for the Company.
• Promote, schedule and deliver Caterpillar operator training programs at Company facilities and customer places of business. This includes presentation and field instruction.
• Assist Customers and Sales staff by providing Product Application expertise.
• Possess the trait of being able to concisely and patiently explain all machine functions and capabilities, and work with diverse individuals for the purpose of elevating their knowledge of the Caterpillar product and its safe and effective utilization.
• Instruct Company and Customer Personnel in the safe and efficient operation of Caterpillar equipment.
• Analyze Customer operators for the purpose of recommending training.
• Promote Caterpillar Operator Training and deliver same.
• Provide evaluation of Customer job sites and assist sales staff by providing fleet recommendations through the utilization of FPC and field studies.
• Assist Company sales and rental departments with respect to machine application.
• Travel in and out of territory to support training and demonstration initiatives with neighboring dealers as needed.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, including care and appearance of Company provided vehicle.
• Acquire and maintain professional credentials, including but not limited to Caterpillar Certified Instructor on all pertinent machine families.
• Possess thorough knowledge in the use of the CAT Performance Handbook including but not limited to all formulas and tables.
• Promote Caterpillar product at various trade shows.
• Assist the shop with troubleshooting operational issues.
• Be willing to work varied hours at customer facilities as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University and two to four years related experience (methodical technician with substantial knowledge of heavy equipment) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be comfortable with public speaking.
This position requires weekly travel throughout the Central Coast (Monterey County to Ventura County)and occasionally travel throughout the entire Quinn territory.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F / V / DV