CB Controls is the premier building automation company in southern California, offering the broad range of services of the largest controls company at highly competitive prices. Founded in 1985, CB Controls has served hundreds of commercial, industrial, and institutional clients.
We are a privately owned company operating an open shop. This allows us to provide outstanding value with long-time, highly experienced technicians who are committed to delivering the best service in the business.
For more information, please visit:
We are actively searching for a DDC Tech/Programmer to join our team. This individual will utilize programming tools, standards and procedures, and their knowledge of building systems and applications to develop program instructions for DDC controllers and front ends used on projects. Will work alongside Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Field Engineers assigned to a project to fulfill the project requirements. Programming will include setup of user interface and/or browser based systems using Tridium/Niagara. The ideal candidate will be able to incorporate a sequence of operation into a device and/or workstation application that meets all project requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, completes assigned projects, programming, and commissioning and project turnover per contract obligations.
- Assists personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
- Requires an understanding of core and third party DDC Control software and systems.
- Assists in performing required commissioning documentation.
- Provide accurate information for as-built documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
- Assists in monitoring project execution per plan.
- Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
- Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
- Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a working knowledge of Tridium AX platform. AX certification highly desired.
- Electronics training/certification from a technical school or military electronics training desired.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Above average computer skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.