Mira Loma91752CAUSMira Loma, CA
- To provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers by closely interacting with the Project Managers, Sales Staff, subcontractors and material suppliers to ensure timely completion of a detailed cost estimate.
- Responsible for creating cost estimates consisting of materials, subcontractors, purchased equipment, labor and other construction-related activities to determine price of project.
- Qualifies the level of estimate required with the PM, salesperson according to company guidelines.
- Creates detailed cost estimate based on scope.
- Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Works with Project Manager to develop scope of work for subcontractors.
- Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/subcontractors through quotations for materials/services.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
- Creates detailed cost estimates including HVAC and DDC system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, and vendor/subcontractor quotes.
- Generates and distributes proposals as directed by GM.
- Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with company estimating tools.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Sizes and selects equipment based upon the desired solution.
- Conducts site visits with or without the PM/GM to determine field conditions.
- Participates in team-oriented development of larger DDC/HVAC projects.
- Will work on multiple projects concurrently, meeting required deadlines for all.
- Keep timely and current Weekly updates of Estimate Log (Follow up Book) and weekly reporting to sales team.
- Willing to estimate or develop projects of all sizes.
- Establishes and maintains weekly work schedule acceptable to Supervisor.
- Consistently (monthly), meets or exceeds the estimate ratios set by the GM.
- Consistently (monthly),Â meets or exceeds the closing ratio set by the GM.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and three years HVAC and BAS experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of various HVAC products, systems, electronics, DDC Controls design and installation, and pneumatic controls.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintain a closing ratio of at least 30%, monthly.
- Maintain a monthly, proposal pipeline to support the annual Sales Goal set by the General Manager.Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Meet or exceed the project Gross Margin requirement for estimates.
- Meet or exceed the quarterly sales quota.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, sketches, specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write report, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Be able to follow directions and work well with others.
- Mobility within the office and on jobsite.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Able to prove U.S. Employment eligibility.
- Valid Drivers license and excellent driving record required.
- Ability to communicate with other both written and orally.