Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.
Saladino’s Foodservice is driven by integrity and innovations. The basis of our success lies within the diversity of our associates, their distinctive ideas and their commitment to setting the highest quality standards that create a meaningful and inclusive workplace. Saladino’s associates are among the brightest in the business with a shared desire to learn and advance within our growing company. We combine our individual skills to achieve a higher level of shared success and are committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives and people.
The Customer Service Representative processes orders, prepares correspondence, and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and service and to handle complaints.
• Supports and promotes the mission, vision, and guiding behaviors of the company.
• Follows all departmental procedures and company policies, including attendance.
• Completes daily call list by making contact with each customer on call list at the appointed time; ensures all customer orders are completed by the predetermined deadlines.
• Takes accurate orders using four methods, including phone, voicemail, fax and online.
• Keys in order and reads back order to customer to ensure accuracy.
• Checks off customer on call schedule record once order is confirmed. Inputs thorough notes and makes notation of any add-ons or “no order” scenarios.
• Handles customer complaints and shortages in a professional manner and negotiates what can be done for the customer, including special deliveries.
• Completes follow through with customer regarding any backordered item(s), including special deliveries.
• Returns all voicemails promptly and assists customers as needed, ensuring all have made contact back to customers for voicemails left each day.
• Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about the health and wellness of its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
• Health and Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plans
• 401K Retirement Plan
• 401K match – up to 4%
• Footwear program – free pair of safety boots for associates holding safety-sensitive positions
• Discounts for cell phone plans, family attractions, movie tickets, and more
• Sick Leave
• Bereavement Leave