Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.
Saladino’s Foodservice is driven by integrity and innovations. The basis of our success lies within the diversity of our associates, their distinctive ideas and their commitment to setting the highest quality standards that create a meaningful and inclusive workplace. Saladino’s associates are among the brightest in the business with a shared desire to learn and advance within our growing company. We combine our individual skills to achieve a higher level of shared success and are committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives and people.
Summary: The Sanitation Associate is responsible for keeping assigned areas clean, in an orderly condition, and performs cleaning duties and assignments. This position requires the safe use and storage of cleaning chemicals, safe operation of equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, floor cleaning equipment), and ability to work in extreme cold and a fast paced environment on a regular basis. This job is considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
- Operates a Powered Industrial Truck (pallet jack, forklift) and floor cleaning equipment.
- Performs sanitation duties on an assigned schedule (daily, weekly, and, monthly).
- General and deep cleaning of dry warehouse, receiving/loading docks, dock door interiors refrigerated and frozen storage rooms, walls, lights, ceilings, roll-up doors, guards, and any areas as assigned.
- Follows rotating schedule of pallet slot deep cleaning.
- General cleaning of warehouse exterior buildings, walkways, stairs, dock, and dock door exteriors.
- Picks up and disposes of trash along warehouse perimeter
- Washes and cleans exterior windows and doors as needed or assigned
- Cleans and removes trash daily in all administrative offices, work area, and break rooms.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, fittings, handles, etc.
- Vacuums carpets; rotates and replaces door mats cleaning.
- Mops, scrubs, and polish hard floors.
- Cleans and stocks all restrooms.
- Maintains and updates sanitation records (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Gathers and disposes of trash properly for daily pick-up; recycle whenever possible.
- Notifies supervisor if repairs are noticed and to order supplies.
- Mixes, uses, and stores cleaning chemicals per instructions and in a safe manner; wears personal protective equipment as directed; maintains chemical storage in an orderly fashion.
- Follows all company GMP/GHP, food safety, and food security policies
- Prevents cross contamination (raw/uncooked, ready-to-eat, allergen control, broken glass, etc).
- Adapts to temporarily modified schedules to accommodate business needs.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
- Safety Sensitive jobs are held to a higher standard as reflected in performance evaluations and are subject to Random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple English instructions, short correspondence and memos; ability to write simple notes in English
- Basic mathematical skill (addition, subtraction, measurements)
- Ability to listen and follow instruction, pay attention to detail, follow through, and be self-motivated
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about the health and wellness of its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
• Health and Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plans
• 401K Retirement Plan
• 401K match – up to 4%
• Discounts for cell phone plans, family attractions, movie tickets, and more
• Sick Leave
• Bereavement Leave