- CA |
- Jobs |
- Criterion Catalyst Mechanic - Martinez, CA
Criterion Catalyst Mechanic - Martinez, CA
Mechanical Craft workers repair and maintain process equipment. This includes disassembling/assembling equipment, machining and fabrication of part, troubleshooting, and overall maintenance of equipment. Repairs and troubleshooting may be done on equipment such as pumps, compressors, fans, valves, blowers, conveyors and gearboxes. Fabrication and machining would be accomplished using such machines as lathes, vertical and horizontal mills and welding machines. Specific duties include:
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, plumb bobs and laser alignment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate, and align unit to centerline.
- Move machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.