Linxx Global Solutions (Linxx) is currently seeking fully qualified persons to fill Close Quarters Combat (CQC) Instructor positions. These positions will support the USCG Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT) and will be located in San Diego, California.
This position is contingent on contract award
The MSRT has delivered a broad range of training since 2004 in a variety of areas to include: advanced individual weapons marksmanship; air and surface insertions and extractions; tactical communications skills; combat medical treatment skills; and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, & Nuclear Defense (CBRN) protection, detection and decontamination skills. This training is mandated by several USCG policies and governed by Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) manuals and associated curriculum documents developed specifically for the USCG’s Deployable Specialized Forces community which the MSRT is a member. Though predominately delivered by USCG active duty and civilian personnel, MSRT training programs have been routinely supplemented by contracted trainers during the growth and development of the MSRT.
- Shall assist in planning for training, coordinating for facilities, and providing after-action feedback to the training audience.
- Shall provide CQC Qualification Training to USCG students during the MSRT Advanced Interdiction Training Course. Training shall include classroom sessions and practical application of CQC, TTP, and policy to include: tactical clearing of rooms, passageways, stairs, cargo holds, open spaces, port/urban areas; use and maintenance of breaching equipment; progressive breaching utilizing manual, ballistic and mechanical breaching techniques; application of the Commandant's Use-of-Force policy; marshalling of ships' crew and passengers; and planning tactical operations.
- Shall administer instruction, correcting deficiencies, and critique student performance.
- Shall provide input to the Monthly Training Report during the period in which training is administered.
- Shall provide CQC and Small-Unit Tactics Instruction to USCG operational teams to sustain unit proficiency (Individual and Team CQC Proficiency Training). Contractor delivered Proficiency training shall include classroom sessions and practical application of CQC and small-unit tactics TTP and policy to include: tactical clearing of rooms, passageways, stairs, cargo holds, open spaces, and port/urban areas; use and maintenance of breaching equipment; progressive breaching utilizing manual, ballistic and mechanical breaching techniques; application of the Commandant's Use-of-Force policy; marshalling of ships' crew and passengers; and planning tactical operations.
- Shall assess the skills instructed during Individual and Team CQC Proficiency Training. The Contractors assessment shall include an evaluation of operational teams’ and individuals’ skill on the subjects covered in CQC Qualification training.
- After the assessments, shall provide the results in a Proficiency Report to the Project Manager The report shall include the number of team and individuals assessed, and the results of the assessment of team's or individual's performance.
- At the end of each course, provide a course critique to all participants.
- Periodic travel to other training or exercise sites is required and may occur in any state, the District of Columbia, and the commonwealths, territories, and possessions of the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to serve under adverse environmental conditions, to include wearing body armor and kit, (up to 50lbs) in intense heat, cold, wet conditions up to 12 hours a day.
- Able to deploy for brief periods (1-2 weeks) in support of training evolutions and unit exercises.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional management in performing training activities and facilitating classroom environments at all times.
- Able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Present a professional appearance.
Required Qualifications (NOTE: please attach your most recent resume and copy of DD214 to application)
- Possess a minimum of 15 years of combined Tactical Operations and Tactical Trainer (instructor) experience conducting and teaching all aspects counter terrorism tactics, techniques, and procedures; including advanced marksmanship, close quarters combat, preferably in a Maritime Environment.
- Previously served as an assault team member or leader in DOD or Federal Law Enforcement agency tactical team specializing in Direct Action-Counterterrorism-Hostage Rescue (e.g. U.S. Army Special Forces, U.S. Navy SEALs, FBI Hostage Rescue Team, USCG Maritime Security Response Team).
- Possess current and relevant experience performing Direct Action, Counter Terror operations.
- Possess current and relevant experience with infiltration/exfiltration TTPs, including but not limited to, familiarity with fast rope insertion/extraction, and hook and climb operations.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of USCG, DOD, or Federal Law Enforcement Use of Force policy, the Force Continuum, and application of force during AI/CT operations.
- Prior experience in teaching and performing mechanical, manual, and ballistic breaching with common manual breaching tools, M870 shotguns, cutting saws and exothermic torches.
- Graduate of a DOD or civilian equivalent certified instructor trainer course.
- U.S. citizen.
- Current Secret clearance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be legally permitted to possess or use firearms.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience as an assault team member or leader with USCG MSRT, DOD SOF Tier 1 or 2 units.
Linxx is a fast-growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, VA and contract support offices operating in 35 locations across the U.S. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Paid time off