Responsible for developing and implementing soft-skill training initiatives for Quinn’s work force. Works closely with HR Representatives, managers, supervisors, and employees to identify training needs and provide solutions that will enhance employee interactions, job performance, leadership skills and enable career growth. Responsible for curriculum design, development and facilitation of training for assigned topics. Effectively assesses the need for external training consultants, through research and analysis; provides recommendations as appropriate.
• Promotes all aspects of Learning and Development with specific focus on soft-skill development; Business Professional, Management and Leadership Development.
• Develops and administers training plans, procedures and programs that address the organization’s training needs.
• Will be required to attend “Train the Trainer” courses for certification on specific subject matter.
• Manages external training consultants; develops program specifications, audits programs for quality and relevance; may negotiate pricing.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of Quinn’s business and anticipates future learning and development needs based on business realities and organizational shifts, making recommendations for changes needed.
• Evaluates existing courses on an on-going basis, ensuring continuous improvement and business relevance.
• Builds and fosters relationships with Caterpillar and external client contacts incorporating their inputs into course materials, as appropriate.
• Drives change management and business cultural transformation efforts to promote a learning environment within the organization.
• Builds and fosters relationships with Quinn workforce, with whom the position relies upon to be successful.
• Develops evaluation systems to ensure that the results of learning and development initiatives are achieving a desired return on investment.
• Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Travels to outlying locations on an as-needed basis.
• Works within and promotes corporate values.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Functional expertise in assessment, evaluation, and training needs analysis, organization systems, and internal consulting.
• Knowledgeable in Adult Learning Theory; conducts trend research for best practices.
• Strong negotiation skills and project management experience.
• Skilled at making clear and persuasive presentations. Builds credibility quickly with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in and manage ambiguity, deal with issues or problems, work independently, drive for results and stay focused to accomplish objectives with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to think strategically and systemically.
• Ability to be flexible, creative and can grasp complex concepts and execute ideas. Motivated by challenges.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with individuals or in groups.
• Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred; or equivalent years of experience specializing in Human Resources, Training or Organizational Development.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate learning function managing the design, development, implementation and assessment of learning and development programs.