The Standard Jobs Coordinator is responsible for the development and maintenance of standardized pricing for repetitive service repairs options, creating standard jobs and repair definitions for machines, truck engines, preventive maintenance, component rebuilds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Demonstrate professional communication with internal and external customers.
• Align Standard Job strategy with Quinn Company’s mission, vision and goals.
• Follow and understand MSHA & OSHA requirements. Know proper PPE and safety rules that apply to the job.
• Possess general knowledge of the machine and components disassemble, assemble and recondition/repair process.
• Stay current with Cat product line. Utilize resources from Cat and Quinn Company.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining procedures for pricing machine and component repair options.
• Identify and maintain SMCS codes for repair descriptions.
• Determine labor hours for Standard Jobs using input from the product support team, work order history, shop experience and other Caterpillar resources.
• Perform periodic labor rate charge code changes.
• Review and update labor hours with feedback from product support team or feedback from experts at the branches.
• Determine parts for standard jobs using definitions that will be developed through collaboration with all service department experts.
• Develop pricing based on definitions by researching work order history, shop experience, branch expert collaboration and other Caterpillar resources.
• Determine arrangement and serial number splits applicable to each repair option.
• Validate Standard Jobs throughout the dealership
• Review KPI’s and other reports for actual cost versus standard job performance.
• Utilize Caterpillar’s Builder G3 software to manage standard jobs.
• Upload and maintain approved standard jobs in the company’s core business system (DBS).
• Develop and produce reports as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), AA or AS degree in Business or Technical discipline preferred and five plus year’s heavy equipment technician experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge of MS Office software such as Excel and Word.