Responsible for daily activities related to establishing and monitoring assigned credit accounts. In addition, in the absence of Manager – Credit, effectively lead the credit team and administer processes and procedures to maximize department performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain accounts by making contact with customers via phone, email, fax or letters to collect on past due invoices and offer solutions to resolve billing disputes and issues.
• Effectively communicates to the operation team on all short paid and/ or disputed invoices with follow-up until dispute is resolved.
• Conducts monthly credit meetings to report on progress of payment or resolution of delinquent balances.
• Manages incoming phone calls from external and internal customers while providing excellent customer service.
• Assess orders on accounts that have exceeded customer’s credit limit and provide difficult credit decisions.
• Utilize Excel to generate credit meeting reports.
• Records accurate notes on all communication in AR system.
• Utilizes company databases and software for data and information to help with collection efforts.
• Assigned to larger and major accounts.
• Have the knowledge and understanding of all the processes and procedures in the department.
• Have the ability to be the lead trainer and be able to document processes and procedures.
• Ability to make sound judgments and decisions in the absence of management.
• Attend team credit meetings when needed.
• Other assigned duties when needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in related field from an accredited college and five years of extensive hands-on experience with equipment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.