A proactive Controls System Lead (CSL) is responsible for support within the fulfillment center operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying material handling controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as first level escalation support for the CST teams.
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues both within assigned FC and with like systems in similar FC systems.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
- Perform and Utilize FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
- Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations.
- Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team.
- Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Train and develop CSTs on controls systems concepts and procedures
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or 5 years equivalent experienceAbility to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
- Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Robotics system components and controls
- Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, modify and program HMI components
- Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify control network components
- Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse Management System Software
- Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse control systems conceptsAbility to execute project tasks assigned.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and modify drawings both mechanical and electrical
- Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.