- CA |
- Jobs |
- Controls Specialist Tech
Controls Specialist Tech
Overview:Is responsible for ensuring that Safety comes first in all efforts. This position will provide proper training to the Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, and be on call as needed. This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, be self-directed and have the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Perform Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE’s (5000 preferred)
- Familiar with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-AB control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be a plus.
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and encoders.
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in Allen Bradley PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support
- Flexibility with work hours and days (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation including holidays)
- Position is require to be on-call, including holidays and weekends
- Experience with email and MS Excel
- Experience in Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- 2+years AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schematic.
- Up to 10% of regional travel is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A 2 year professional electrical training degree or a 4 year BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.