LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (LENAX does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Contracts Administrator. The Contracts Administrator will primarily support all procurement activities as assigned. Depending on on-going workload, the position may be assigned other contract administration duties.
The Contracts Administrator duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and summarizes technical specifications for Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Bids (RFBs)
- Assist Client with planning of procurements and setting pre-award schedules for contracts including Board actions
- Coordinate preparation of responses to written Requests For Clarification from potential bidder/proposers for distribution to Planholders
- Assist in coordination of Pre-Bid/Proposal meetings to present the Project and RFB/RFP to potential bidder/Proposers
- Prepare drafts of RFP/RFB addenda for client to review, finalize, and distribute to Planholders
- Prepare draft award recommendations and Board Reports
- Conform final contract documents
- Prepare required reports and correspondence
- Attend various meetings, including pre-bid proposal and post-bid proposal debriefings
- Assist in the contract standardization process
- Conduct formal and on-the-job training and mentoring in areas of procurement and contract administration for junior level staff
- Monitor all aspects of contract compliance
- Prepare Owner documents for change orders and reviews potential claims for contractual merit and process adherence
- Prepare pricing/negotiation strategies for amendments, change orders, task orders and potential claims
- Prepare negotiations amendments, change orders and potential claims
- Analyze cost elements in contractor proposals, bids, amendments or change orders
- Prepare approval recommendations and Board Reports for management and BOAC
- Assist in resolving problems and disagreements between contractors and Client
- Review contractor invoices for contractual compliance
- Conduct closeout actions upon contract completion such as final audit, payment, etc. under the direction of Client personnel
- Contribute to the advancement of Client’s goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders
- B.S. in an engineering or business related field, as well as training in procurement, contract, construction, and commercial law is required.
- Fifteen years of experience in the administration of commercial/government contracts is required.
- Procurement Emphasis is a must.
- Must have experience in alternative project delivery methods including Construction Manager at Risk and Design Build.
- Previous experience in the construction industry.
- Must be comfortable operating in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer service attitude.
- Experience in a construction office is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Large-scale construction management type software such as Primavera, Prolog, etc. is required.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. LENAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.