Title: Consulting Utility Forester
Job Type: Full Time
CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM bench marking service in North America. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are becoming available. CNUC is currently seeking Consulting Utility Foresters in Redding, CA.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Extensive drive time through the state inspecting vegetation management work
- Additional tasks such as safety audits, unit reporting accuracy, and accounting accuracy may be assigned
- Assistance may be required during major storm events
- Degree in forestry, horticulture, urban forestry, environmental science, natural resources, or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- ISA Arborist Certification desirable (or ability to attain within one year)
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/ fuel card
- Clothing allowance
- Wellness Program
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Additional Information: Full time – hourly position, paid weekly. Pay depends on qualifications and experience. CNUC offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact .
To apply: please visit