The Consulting Manager owns the overall delivery of client engagements in payment reform in the Healthcare Industry. This role acts as the Engagement Leader and is the main client interface point for the day to day operations of the engagement. The Consulting Manager will ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget and within scope. They will also be responsible for the professional development of the consulting team working on that engagement.
• Leading and planning the execution of the overall work stream(s) necessary to deliver the engagement to include managing metrics such as; project operating margin, client satisfaction (NPS), staff utilization.
• Planning and completing the engagement with high quality on time and on budget.
• Delivering the contract client outcome.
• Developing and managing the engagement communication plan, including simple issue escalations and problem solving
• Preparing and delivering succinct, clear and insightful and influential executive-level presentations.
• Proactively identify client needs and assist in developing solutions, this includes identifying business development/upsell opportunities within the client.
• Contributes to sales efforts through published writing and speaking opportunities. Accountable for achieving personal sales targets.
• Leading effective, cross-functional working sessions with clients and GE stakeholders.
• Establishing credibility and developing relationships with mid-level and executive client managers.
• Serving as a GE liaison to the client for day to day engagement delivery and engagement updates.
• Leading the engagement team to include coaching, mentoring and developing staff to achieve client satisfaction and personal professional development.
• Promoting and completing timely performance feedback to engagement team members.
• Demonstrating expertise in multiple solution areas/practices.
• Managing and directing Knowledge Management activities on the engagement team.
• Bachelors Degree
• 5+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting or performance improvement in a healthcare setting
• 3+ years of experience leading and managing projects with outcome focused deliverables.
• Understanding both the current market requirements and the future direction of the healthcare industry as well as how clients can meet market demands with a particular focus on the evolution of payment reform and bundling, both clinical and operational implications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Power Point
• Ability to travel at least 70%
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master’s Degree – MBA, MHA, MPHA, advanced HR degree
• 8+ years of experience in either advisory services/consulting
• Deep awareness and understanding of the Healthcare industry and major trends in the geography in which client projects are delivered.
• 4+ years of healthcare clinical or administrative experience
• Demonstrated data mining and analytical skills
• Demonstrated project management expertise or certification
• Ability to create impactful executive client facing communications and presentations
• Demonstrated expertise in driving change using Change Management tools
• Demonstrated experience in LEAN or Six Sigma tools
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams
• Demonstrated experience in delivering feedback and coaching successfully
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly
• Demonstrated business acumen and analytical skills
• Dependable: able to work independently and consistently meet or exceed performance expectations.
• Adaptable: able to adjust work and communication style based on situational needs.
• Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking to included evaluation of ideas and synthesizing information into insights.
• Proven ability to accomplish large volume of high quality work under pressure.
• Proven ability to make decisions with limited information and achieve expected results