Construction Project Manager
K-12 public schools
Skills and Experience Required
· Minimum 10-15 years K-12 public school construction experience, large public school experience required, whole campus experience strongly desired. Large commercial and hospital experience a plus.
· Computer literacy required, must have good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Project, Primavera Contract Manager (Expedition) or equivalent strongly desired, BlueBeam knowledge a plus.
· Preconstruction, estimating and bidding experience a plus but not required.
· Ability to accurately document, price and compile change orders.
· Ability to interpret, document and communicate complicated structural plans, details and specifications and discover constructability problems well in advance of actual construction.
· Ability to perform and document detailed take-offs.
· Ability to produce detailed project master schedules and very detailed SIS schedules.
· Ability to write clear and concise RFI’s, notices to subcontractors, daily reports, letters, etc.
· Ability to work with all types of personalities, negotiate, communicate, document and follow up to achieve a clear mutually agreeable understanding between all parties.
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment with clients, subcontractors, inspectors, engineers and design teams.
· Ability to build new and maintain existing subcontractor and supplier relationships to obtain competitive advantages.
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of DSA and code requirements.
· Understanding of contracts, drawings and specifications.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Understanding of the factors that impact construction costs and subcontractor risk.
· Strong ability to visualize entire projects three dimensionally.
· Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
· Knowledge of local subcontractor community and all building construction trades.
· Self-motivated, dynamic team player.Measurable Outcomes
1. Workload: Depending on project size and complexity the expected workload varies from a single project up to $2M per month revenue or up to 5 projects totaling $1M per month in revenue. This workload is expected to be managed with the support of a Project Engineer and a dedicated Superintendent per project.
2. Buyout: Buyout 80% percent of the project and create baseline budget that Superintendent, VP of Preconstruction and VP of Construction agree to within 21 days of hand-off from estimating.
3. Profitability: Annually deliver project portfolio managed to meet or exceed the baseline budgeted profit adjusted for change orders. No single project in the portfolio will have more than 1% margin fade.
4. Procurement: Build submittal register with required on-site dates aligned with the master schedule and lead times within 10 days of hand-off from estimating. Identify all products with lead time over 3 weeks and other items critical to the schedule.
Project is delivered with zero schedule delays (critical or non-critical path) caused by procurement issues. Issues include missed delivery dates or building parts not in conformance with plans, specifications, design intent and approved submittals. Procurement issues are tracked during monthly schedule updates and categorized as critical vs. non-critical path with delay days, delay category and notes for root-cause / future prevention.
1. Cash Flow: 100% of billings are approved and paid by the customer without revisions and projects are over-billed on a job-to-date basis for 90% of all annual billings.
2. Safety: Deliver all projects with zero incidents.
3. Customer Satisfaction: Achieve a net promoter score of at least 90% from a survey of customers on completed projects over $500K. Customer definition includes the 2-3 primary contacts for both the project owner and the architect as defined by the VP of Operations.
4. Subcontractor Relationships: Achieve a net promoter score of at least 90% from a survey of the top 5 subcontractors on completed projects over $500K. Key roles surveyed within each subcontractor include site Foreman, Project Manager, Estimator and Accounts Receivable.
5. Team Building: Develop and maintain a list of at least 10 people that have a high probability of going to work for the company as an Estimator, Project Manager, Superintendent or Project Engineer within 18 months. Setup at least 6 interviews per year with potential recruits leading to at least 1 good hire per year.
Email Resume to: