Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Rail (BBR), has been awarded a $697 million contract to undertake electrification of the 52-mile Caltrain rail corridor between San Francisco and San Jose, laying the foundations for the future operation of high speed trains. BBR is seeking a highly qualified Construction Manager (Rail) in San Mateo, California. This position will undertake the day to day construction management of the project in terms of safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, etc. Make decisions and recommendations that can greatly affect profitability of assigned area.
- Comply with construction management processes and effectively implement them.
- Apply a consistent approach to construction management, implementation of processes and the management of contractors.
- Provide construction management input to the project works, particularly advice regarding construction/ implementation/ constructability, attendance at pre-possession planning meetings, construction/ implementation review meetings, etc.
- Evaluate the progress on site against the program and agreed milestones. Use this information to provide accurate updates to the project team. Lead review of long term scheduling effort and required deliverables needed for successful project execution.
- Undertake, or arrange for others to undertake, suitable inspections/ audits for the project works being managed in regard to safety, quality, environment, engineering/ design compliance, functionality, and commissioning.
- Keep suitable records for the project works being managed and communicate information regarding construction management to the rest of the project team in a timely and effective manner.
- Review regular cost reports and utilize data for improving field productivity.
- Identify areas where a ‘continuous improvement’ approach to construction management could bring benefit.
- Accountable for the application of construction management processes to the projects being worked upon.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of construction Project Management experience in commercial, civil or rail.
- Must be able to work frequent nights and a weekend work schedule.
- Willing to relocate to Balfour Beatty San Mateo jobsite, if not local to the San Mateo, California area.
- Local qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Relevant experience of transit construction or rail construction management highly preferred.
- Understanding of the health and safety legislation, regulations and industry practices of the rail industry.
- Demonstrable experience of the implementation of health, safety, environmental and quality management processes.
- Contract and commercial awareness.
- Effective communication skills.
- Mentor team of project engineers.
- Ability to operate effectively in the site environment.
Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.