Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Construction Inspector - Class I are responsible for performing all inspections and coordinating testing and special inspections for LA County. These positions are full-time, located in Los Angeles, CA and scheduled to start as soon as possible.
- Familiarity with, and a working knowledge of the Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction (Greenbook) and the Standard Plans for Public Works Construction, and experience in their use.
- Working knowledge of the Cal/OSHA Construction Safety Orders.
- Ability to interpret plans, specifications, special provisions, and other contract documents.
- Ability to independently identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- At least one year of experience in the inspection of roadway reconstruction and resurfacing, bridge construction and rehabilitation, water and sewer lines, RCP or RCB storm drains, pump stations, booster pump stations, traffic signal upgrade, installation or synchronization, or other related types of projects.
- Ability to enforce temporary traffic controls per approved traffic control plans, lane requirements or California MUTCD, Chapter 6.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and oversight.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the oversight and direction of Department section head, Construction Inspectors, Resident Engineers or Area Supervisors, Construction Inspector I's may be assigned individual projects or serve as Public Works staff on permitted projects. Construction Inspector l's having inspection responsibilities over permitted projects are assigned to a Department Permit Office.
- Perform construction inspection, oversight, and enforcement of compliance with the contract documents for construction of various road, bridge, aviation, sewer, water, utility service, traffic signal, and flood control projects being constructed by contractors under a contract with or a permit issued by the Department.
- Arrange for material testing and construction staking to be performed by the Department staff.
- Respond to complaints and inquiries from the public, elected officials, other agencies, Construction, and Land Development Divisions staff and other affected Departments. Coordinate communications between all interested and affected parties, maintain accurate records of work done and perform other associated contract administration tasks.
- Prepare and process change orders, daily logs, and working day statements; collect work records; maintain accurate records of work done for payment purposes; conduct employee interviews; prepare as-built plans, and perform other associated contract administration tasks.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department staff.
- Monitor permitted activities for safety compliance.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure the public right of way is properly restored.
- Reject work that does not meet permit requirements and issue notices to correct deficiencies.
- Prepare inspection reports, maintain inspection records, maintain repair logs, and other required documentation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching
***PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME ***