Vali Cooper & Associates is now proudly a part of TRC Companies, Inc. TRC is a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a Civil Construction Inspectors to support CALTRANS and other public agency constructions projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in construction inspection of highways or major public works projects. A degree (Bachelors or higher) in Civil or Transportation Engineering from an accredited university can be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
- Ability to assist the Resident Engineer in all aspects of required field and office construction engineering work including, but not limited to the following:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the review, inspection and approval of Capable of traffic control systems, including lane closures, in accordance with CALTRAN standards and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with equipment used in construction inspection, surveying, field testing of construction materials, and construction office engineering.
- Knowledge of computers, computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others); Critical Path Method (CPM) software such as Primavera Project Planner (P3, P6) and SureTrak, or any updated version, as a minimum; Scheduler Analyzer Pro; and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge and experience with principles of effective communication and supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring labor compliance.
- Knowledge and experience with subcontracting laws and policies.
- Knowledge and experience with the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program and the General Permit.
- Knowledge of CALTRANS Standard Plans, Standard Specifications, and Construction Manual.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled