The Construction Estimator is responsible for evaluating project specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully buy out our projects. Estimators must aggressively follow up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators will also work closely with the project management and construction teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
· Experience in tracking as-builts and coordinating Municipal sign offs to obtain performance and payment bond releases from public agencies as soon as work is complete.
· Establish and maintain respectful and cooperative work relationships with co-workers, field personnel, sub-contractors, architects, owners, general contractors and other business associates.
· Maintains status of plan reproduction.
· Solicits and maintains communication with sub-contractors and vendors.
· Transmits addenda and other bid information to sub-contractors.
· Prepares sub-contractor bid packages and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
· Ensures that there is proper coverage from sub-contractors on bid day.
· Contacts supply houses to obtain additional sub-contractor bids.
· Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from sub-contractors.
· Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
· Enters all relevant information in bid spreads.
· Proficient in blue print reading.
· Experience with high density wood (wood frame construction).
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Responsible for ensuring that all quantity surveys and pricing are accurate and complete
· Provide support for the development of bidding strategies by debriefing the salesperson on the job and of its elements
· Compile list of type of materials or equipment requirements, utilizing knowledge of services to be performed, or type of structure to be built using blueprints and specifications
· Itemize tools, fixtures, or equipment to be manufactured by company or purchased from outside sources.
· Compute cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, subcontracted work, production activities and requirements, and labor.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
· Ability to know and follow professional work practices, company policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Demonstrate sound judgment and meet work commitments.
· Perform comprehensive “bid day” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades.
· Understand how to fit subs to the size/scope of the project.
· Creates bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project.
· Minimize exclusions by doing research.
· Include value-engineering ideas on every bid.
· Properly turns over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner.
· Reviews drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern.
· Reviews job costs with Project Management team and highlights any subs/material vendors that still need to be awarded.
· Handles all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build a long term relationship.
· Builds strong team relationships with other departments including but not limited to project management, marketing, business development, accounting and superintendents.
· Seek and qualifies new subcontractors.
· Provides subs with as much information as possible (PM, Super, permit status, etc.).
· Ensures that Subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule.
· Awards subs in a timely manner to ensure release of materials and thoroughly checks requirements to buy the proper scope.
· Five years construction estimating
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software. FTP site experience preferred.
To apply you must email: