Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty is seeking a Construction Contract Administrator for our $300M project in Elk Grove, California. This project is an expansion of Sacramento County’s already existing Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant. Balfour Beatty’s scope of work includes extensive structural and mechanical improvements through the addition of a Tertiary Treatment Facility.
The primary role of the Construction Contract Administrator is to perform various tasks throughout the duration of our subcontract and material contracts to ensure that the terms of the agreements are being adhered to.
- Maintain all records and documents related to subcontracts and material contracts.
- Assist in both startup and closeout of contracts.
- Respond to subcontract and material requests/questions by being a liaison between administrative teams.
- Obtain all required documentation/forms after execution of contracts, including exhibits, special provisions, etc.
- Process progress payments, including inputting and tracking and obtaining lien releases.
- Maintain various tracking logs and spreadsheet for contracts.
- Draft and track Supplemental Agreements for contracts.
- Review contracts for deviations from our standard terms and conditions.
- Track, notify and bill all back charges associated with contracts.
- Report/complete all DBE Utilization Reports for contracts.
- Ensure that we have current Certificates of Insurance that meet the project specifications.
- Manage OCIP Enrollment, Payroll Reports and assist our subcontractors with enrollment.
- Obtain bonds and process reimbursements.
- Respond and track suppliers request for Preliminary Notice Information.
- Ensure Certified Payroll records are submitted and accurate.
- Flow down all contract requirements to tiered subcontracts.
- Prepare special reports and complete other projects as directed.
- Read and interpret project specifications as required to administer subcontract and material contracts.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- A minimum of five (5) years of office administration experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet strict daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines
- Strong computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Construction industry experience a plus.
- 4 year Business Administration or Accounting degree preferred.
- JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities while maintaining organization and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.