CLP (soon to be PeopleReady) Knows Skilled Trades
HIRING: CONSTRUCTION BUYER/PURCHASER in San Diego, CA
We are currently seeking a Construction Purchaser/Project Coordinator in San Diego, California with at least 2 years of experience and/or training or equivalent of education and experience in the property management and facilities industry. This role will focus on ensuring facilities excellence, collaborating with vendors, administrative support and ensuring the best practices for purchasing and procurement.
The Construction Purchaser/Project Coordinator is responsible for the compilation of requested materials and records to draw up purchase orders for the procurement of materials and services.
This position will perform a variety of activities related to procuring and purchasing supplies, materials and contract negotiation and work cooperatively with Construction staff.
Job Duties / Description / Responsibilities
• Meets with vendor frequently at the various job sites and completes a walk thru.
• Initiates and coordinates the Request for Quote (RFQ) and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) for goods, materials, supplies and inventory items.
• Research and evaluate potential suppliers based on price, quality, availability, reliability, production, capability and supplier's reputation and track records.
• Analyze price proposals and other data and information to determine prices, quality and service
• Review and track requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
• Prepare and issue all necessary purchase orders to track and control of materials, supplies and inventory purchases.
• Prepare, review and maintain accurate records
• Maintain inventory levels to maximize return on investment. Reorder as necessary.
• Maintain relationship with suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries or defective or unacceptable goods and determine corrective action.
• Coordinate and performs cycle counts and physical inventory audits.
• Provides customer service and support to internal departments and clients.
• Generates reports and other reports as needed or requested.
• Works closely with the Regional Facilities Manager to ensure continuity.
• Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent of education and experience.
How to Apply:
For consideration applications should be emailed to:
CLP is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates may need to pass a formal criminal background check and drug screen prior to placement.
Ask us how YOU can sign up to receive text messages for jobs.