CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
General Contractor/Owner seeking a Construction Administrative Assistant.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary objective of this position would be to plan, prepare, organize and maintain project documentation. This person will be responsible for ensuring that correspondence is properly distributed among our construction team, as well as creating and maintaining reports and carrying out other construction-related duties as necessary. Responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day activities of active construction projects, in consultation with Project Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain project documentation for Construction Department; ensures that memos, faxes, emails, and conversation issues are promptly distributed to those who need to know; performs other related duties as assigned.
• Assists Site Personnel with the following:
o Contracts, Change Orders, and Purchase Orders
o Track RFI submittals.
o Assist with hard copy and electronic filing system.
o Appliance delivery/invoicing tracking and analysis
o Order office supplies
o Assist with plan printing, ordering, updates, and slip-sheets
o Maintaining plan lists, unit breakdowns and updating
o Track and verify delivery for product(s) using excel spreadsheets, and contacting appropriate parties
o Assist with walk in traffic, answering phone and handling site office coordination
o Perform miscellaneous and additional duties as required
• To know the following professional work practices
• To know and follow Company policies, procedures, and guidelines
• To demonstrate sound judgment
• To meet work commitments
• To demonstrate effective work habits and attitudes
• To understand and maintain confidentiality
• To establish and maintain respectful and cooperative work relationships with coworkers, Field, Personnel, Subcontracts, Architects, Owners, General Contractors, and other business associates.
• 1 – 2 years related administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software.
• Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in a professional manner on a regular basis with prospective residents, current residents, staff, management and co-workers within the company as well as with outside vendors. Must be able to work as part of a team. Follows instructions and responds to management’s direction. Takes constructive criticism and uses it as a learning tool.
• Travel may be required within San Diego County.
Please send resumes to: