Technical Specialist Pillar Point Comm Tracking Code 241-217 Job Description
RGNext employees serve on the forefront of our nation’s access to space. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities. Together, we open Portals to Space!
The Technical Specialist at Pillar Point will learn the following:
- Knowledge of the operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Pillar Point Communications systems
- Knowledge of a wide variety of Communications equipment involving numerous disciplines and technologies.
- Knowledge of DS-3, T1, and DS0 voice and data circuits, Operational Voice System, PA System, PABX Telephone System, Teletype circuits, Missile Liftoff System, Backup Batter Plant, AC Inverter, Rectifiers, Power Board, UHF/VHF transceivers and antennas, data modems, T1 multiplexers, computers, printers and COMSEC equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance, on individual equipment and systems associated with the Pillar Point Communications system. Must be able to isolate system faults to the lowest repairable unit.
- Must be able to work largely unassisted on complex problems in the Communications system.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on communications equipment in several locations within Pillar Point AFS.
- Must be able to operate the Pillar Point Communications system such as configuring voice and radio communications, data circuits, teletype circuits, Backup Battery Plant, and Telephone PABX system with little to no supervision.
- Responsible for the onsite implementation and adherence to established RGN safety standards and practices.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, specialty RF test equipment, and multi-meters
- A.S. Degree, related military experience, and/or equivalent range experience.
- Must have excellent electronic and RF support experience.
- CompTIA Security+ certification preferred or must obtain within 6 months of employment
- Solid conflict management skills
- The ability to exercise diplomacy within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret (or Top) Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
- Knowledge of RED/Black communications and security practices is ideal.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to remote locations
What We Offer:
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling Alleys, beach access and restaurants
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships
We offer Communications Technician Specialist at a variety of locations across the country including Vandenberg CA AFB, Cape Canaveral FL AFB, Ascension Island, and El Granada AFS.
RGNext is committed to recruiting, hiring, and fostering the most qualified employees. RGNext provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status, and to base all such employment decisions upon the individual's qualifications and ability to perform the work assigned