Be part of a growing Employee Owned Company! American Mechanical Services (AMS) is a dynamic organization focused on serving commercial, industrial and institutional property owners and managers through a strategic partnership.
American Mechanical Services facilitates the long-term management of HVACR, and Plumbing systems. We have locations in Denver, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Houston, San Diego, Washington DC/Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Indianapolis. We are currently looking to expand our service department in our California location.
AMS rewards your commitment with great wages, benefits including participation in ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) PTO (paid time off), medical, 401-k, and career opportunities. Join our team and enjoy the rewards.
Commercial HVAC Service Technicians will work with numerous system parts and mechanisms, to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Provides preventive maintenance on heating and cooling systems.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Installs refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, pneumatic control, and humidity control systems.
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of the following:
- Rooftop Units
- Air Handling Units
- Boilers and Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- VAV Boxes
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations
- Minimum 3 yrs experience specific to the commercial HVAC industry
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the trade.
- Possess own basic hand tools
- Universal EPA Certified.
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic/ddc control, and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic's trade.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, or stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Trade school education is preferred
We use de-centralized dispatch via company-supplied vehicle with cell phone/company radio.
- Health Plan- Multiple PPO and HMO's Available
- Dental Plan
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Blanket Travel Accident
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- 401-K Plan Company Match
- PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation, sick days, and personal business
- Flexible Spending Accounts-Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursements
- Employee Assistance Plan-Offers resources at no costs for many of life’s issues /concerns
- Legal Services-Limited services at no costs for some legal needs
Note: Listed benefits are brief and general in nature and not complete. Summary Plan Descriptions should be consulted for full details.