Seals/Biehle, Inc. is seeking an Estimator with at least 8+ years of commercial construction experience. Estimators will work on hard bids and negotiated commercial projects within our core markets: education, healthcare, industrial, and municipal.
Location: Visalia, CA
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Cost estimates for self-performed work – concrete (site & structural), rough carpentry, wood & metal-stud framing, drywall
- Develop scope packages for subcontractor bids
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost/budget information to the client/owner.
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing customers.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- BIM or CAD experience
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Estimating software (PrimeBid or similar), Project Management software (Primavera Contract Manager (Expedition) or similar), Scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
- 8+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator
- Bachelor’s degree
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- Salary range is $58,000.00 to $85,000.00; DOE
- Continuing Education
- Relocation assistance is available