CNC Operator/ Programmer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Pay Rate: Starting at $18.00/hr-$20.00/hr
Hours: Mon-Fri (8:00AM-5:00PM)
CNC Programmer Job Responsibilities:
Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape or form metal workpieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
CNC Programmer Job Duties:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Prepare and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations.
- Verifies that fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding milling and boring sizes, depths, angels, or other specifications.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and workpiece on machine.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine magazines.
- Loads control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications.
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatics programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tooling and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance.
- Keys in additional instructions such as tool size, machine feed and speed rates, and starting point coordinates.
- Types commands on keyboard to general NC tape.
- Observes trial run of NC machine to verify tape program accuracy.
- Revises NC tape program to eliminate instruction errors.
CNC Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
- Require 5 to 7 years of set-up experience with prototype and production work in milling
- Must be able to follow instruction, be conscientious, good math and English skills
- Have strong knowledge of machining process for a wide variety of materials (copper, SST, Nickel etc.)
- Design and manufacture fixtures, tooling, and have good trouble shooting skills.
- Must know machine controls (Mori Seiki and Haas machines).
Above demands are carried out within the local existing Health and Safety guidelines
To Apply: Contact Stevens Creek Manpower at 408-241-4900 ext 209 email resume to :